Friday, February 13, 2009

Jessica's First Night at Cabrini Connections

LaJuan Garcia: New Cabrini Connections' Volunteer...
There are kids with bright futures. I have seen this personally at Cabrini Connections Tutor and Mentor Program. It’s amazing how many kids in this program are dedicated to and enthusiastic about their education. I was really inspired. The kids spend about an hour and a half doing their homework alongside and with the help of their tutors and mentors. I had the privilege of working with a young lady by the name of Jessica who showed motivation and was dedicated to doing her homework. Although having friends in the program Jessica remained focused on her studies and even when it was time to go she made sure to finish the work she started. It is extremely gratifying to me to know that I was able to help Jessica but even more meaningful that she accepted my help. I hope I made an impact on Jessica enough for her to return to the program because I definitely saw the potential in her.
I would like to emphasize the importance of keeping programs like Cabrini Connections available for students like Jessica. Such programs keep students off the streets and into their studies. Cabrini Connections needs the financial help of anyone willing to give it. Donations of any amount are appreciated.
One of the many ways you can help Cabrini Connections or students like Jessica is by taking part in the annual golf benefit and here's the link www.cabrinitmcgolf.org/
Thanks for your support

No comments: